Eddie's Organic Vegetable Corkscrews Pasta
3 cups water (maybe less--must try to remember)
1/4 cup organic quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 tsp dried organic oregano
1 tsp dried organic basil
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1 T garlic granules
4 T tahini
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
2 T lemon juice
- Heat water to boil for pasta. Cook pasta for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for sauce in blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over pasta as desired.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or other vegetable.
I'd say that the sauce is enough for 8 servings. I used caloriecounter for the analysis -- A.
Serving Size: 115.8 g
Calories per serving: 95, Calories from fat: 41
Details: 4.8 g protein, 10.6 g carbs (4%), 2.9 g fiber (12%), 0.2 g sugars, 16 mg sodium (1%), 0 mg cholesterol, 4.6 g total fat (7%), 0.6 g saturated fat (3%), 0% DV Vitamin A, 19% DV Vitamin C, 5% DV Calcium, 12% DV Iron.
Highlights: No cholesterol; Very low in sodium; Very low in sugar; High in dietary fiber; High in iron; High in manganese; High in magnesium; High in niacin; High in pantothenic acid; High in phosphorus; Very high in riboflavin; Very high in thiamin.
Corkscrews (organic semolina, spinach, beet, red bell pepper, paprika):
Serving Size: 3/4 cup (56g) dry
Calories per serving: 200, Calories from fat: 5
Details: 7 g protein, 41 g carbs (14%), 2 g fiber (8%), 1 g sugars, 15 mg sodium (1%), 0 mg cholesterol, 0.5 g total fat (1%), 0 g saturated fat (0%), 4% DV Vitamin A, 2% DV Vitamin C, 2% DV Calcium, 8% DV Iron.
- Sauce is supposed to also have tumeric, but I ran out last week (making tofu scramble).
- J "ate this up" according to D. Score one for my yummy sauce!
- I ate it up too - brought a serving for my morning snack :) YUM
- I added the nutritional info on the pasta above. :)