1 block firm tofu, drained
1 yellow onion, chopped
3-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 T organic extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium red potato, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 tsp tumeric
2 medium tomatoes, cut into six or eight pieces or chopped
- Heat cast iron pot. Add olive oil and heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for five minutes or until soft and yummy aroma rises up.
- Add the potatoes, cover and let cook for approximately ten minutes.
- Crumble the tofu into the pot.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach, cover and let cook for approximately ten minutes.
- Stir in the tumeric and mix well. Cook, uncovered for another minute or two.
- Serve with pieces of tomato; alternately, chop the tomato and add to the pot after the tumeric.
This recipe makes six servings. I haven't figured out the calories, etc. yet. It makes a good breakfast or snack.
- Used up all my tumeric making this last week. Must buy more.
- This works great as a stand alone meal, or in a wrap for on-the-go meals.
- J loves my tofu scrambles. I use whatever veggies we have - I try to keep sweet potatoes and potatoes around, so I've been using those lately. And mushrooms, which she always picks at the store, but then we don't use for anything. (She likes to break them up if I give them to her raw, which, while fun for her, doesn't involve her eating them!)